Vol. 3 No. 10
May 27, 2003
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 3, No. 10
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS SENDS TAX BILL TO PRESIDENT: Education Left Behind Again
- CHILDREN’S DEFENSE FUND CRITICIZES PRESIDENT’S PREFERENCE FOR TAX CUTS OVER EDUCATION SPENDING
- PUTTING A PRICE TAG ON NCLB: States Struggle to Pay for New Requirements
- CALCULATING GRADUATION RATES: A State’s Method of Calculation Could Affect Accountability Provisions of NCLB
- As the Success of Alternative Teacher Certification Grows, New Report Recommends The Same for Principals
- BROWN V. BOARD OF EDUCATION: What’s Changed in the Last 49 Years?