Vol. 2 No. 8
April 22, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 8
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NO ACTION EXPECTED ON CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET PLAN: Spending Committees May Move Ahead
- SCIENTIFICALLY BASED RESEARCH IN FOREFRONT OF EDUCATION POLICY: New Academy of Sciences Approved by House Committee
- NEW TOOLS FOR PARENTS: U.S. Department of Education Unveils New Web Site and Toolkit for Parents
- BUILDING PARTNERSHIPS AND BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS: Increasing Parental Involvement in Middle and High School
- CITY-WIDE READING INITIATIVES CONNECT ADULTS AND STUDENTS
- DEBATING FOR SUCCESS: Students Argue Their Way to the Top
- IMPROVING LITERACY: School Libraries Targeted for Improvement