Vol. 2 No. 6
March 25, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 6
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS MOVES BUDGET RESOLUTIONS: Senate Resolution Gives Education $5.4 Billion More Than President’s Request
- NEW FUNDING FOR SPECIAL ED STUDENTS? House and Senate Budget Resolutions Tackle Full Funding
- KENNEDY, MILLER CALL ON PRESIDENT BUSH TO INCREASE EDUCATION SPENDING BY $10 BILLION
- DEBT CEILING DRAWING NEAR; Congress Plays Politics With Crucial Measure
- NATIONAL FOCUS ON HIGH SCHOOLS CONTINUES: Small High Schools Program Receives Funding Boost
- OFF THE BENCH: First Lady Laura Bush Steps to Plate as Advocate for Quality Teachers