Vol. 2 No. 22
December 09, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 22
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NEW-TEACHER EXCELLENCE: Alliance to Hold Forum on High-Quality Teachers on December 12
- RETAINING OUR BEST: NCLB Implementation Must Address Teacher Attrition Problem
- RETAINING OUR BEST: Successful Strategies to Support New Teachers and Keep Veteran Educators
- SUPPORT FOR NEW-TEACHER EXCELLENCE: New Reports Say Financial Incentives and Induction Programs are Successful Tools to Help Meet the Highly Qualified Teacher Challenge
- FOCUS ON NEW TEACHERS: American School Board Journal Highlights Programs for New Teachers
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION RELEASES FINAL REGULATIONS FOR NCLB: Regulations Include Clarifications on Teacher Quality
- SEN. EDWARDS RELEASES EDUCATION PLAN: Focus on Recruiting Quality Teachers, High School Graduation
- NATION’S GOVERNORS ISSUE AN S.O.S.: State Governors Look to Federal Government as State Budget Shortfalls Continue to Balloon