Vol. 2 No. 21
November 25, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ELECTION WRAP-UP: American Voters Elect a Republican Senate, Support Education Ballot Initiatives Across the Country
- ELECTION PRODUCES CHANGES IN COMMITTEE CHAIRMEN AND PARTY LEADERSHIP
- STATE BUDGET CUTS CONTINUE TO AFFECT EDUCATION: Colorado Education Officials Told to Expect Funding Cuts
- NEW YORK CITY MAYOR BLOOMBERG ANNOUNCES NEW TWEED ACADEMY
- REP. JACKSON TOUTS EDUCATION AS A HUMAN RIGHT: Constitutional Amendment Would Ensure Quality Education for All Students
- ONLY 69 PERCENT OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS GRADUATE: New Report Examines Graduation Rates for All 50 States