Vol. 2 No. 18
October 07, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ONE WEEK LATER: House of Representatives Passes Key Component of the Alliance’s Framework for an Excellent Education
- HAPPY NEW YEAR: End of Fiscal Year 2002 Brings No New Agreement on Education Spending
- FOCUS ON PRINCIPALS: Texas Attacks a Potential Principal Shortage
- WITH EXIT EXAMS LOOMING, GRADUATION PROBLEMS ABOUND
- FOCUS ON FLORIDA: Education Takes Center Stage in Florida Governor’s Race
- With WorldCom Bankruptcy, MarcoPolo Education Web Site Faces Possible Shutdown
- HOUSTON SCHOOL DISTRICT RECEIVES NEW NATIONAL AWARD
- CENSUS BUREAU STUDY SAYS POVERTY RATE ON THE RISE