Vol. 2 No. 17
September 23, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- EVERY CHILD A GRADUATE: Alliance Releases New Report on Improving Student Performance in Middle and High Schools
- THE CHALLENGE: Six Million Students are in Danger of Being “Left Behind”
- ADOLESCENT LITERACY INITIATIVE WOULD TARGET STRUGGLING READERS IN MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLS
- ATTRACTING AND RETAINING HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS
- PERSONALIZED PLAN TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR COLLEGE: New Initiative to Involve Students, Teachers, Counselors, Parents
- SMALL SCHOOLS: A Catalyst for Education Reform and Improvement
- MAKING THE CASE: The Framework for an Excellent Education Pays for Itself