Vol. 2 No. 16
September 09, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here add your name to our mailing list.
- WELCOME BACK: Record Numbers of Students and New Federal Regulations Await Teachers and Administrators in New School Year
- RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS: Cincinnati School District Turns to Small Schools
- HOUSE EDUCATION COMMITTEE APPROVES $17,500 LOAN-FORGIVENESS BILL FOR TEACHERS
- SENATOR DODD AND REPRESENTATIVE FATTAH INTRODUCE THE STUDENT BILL OF RIGHTS ACT OF 2002
- PRESIDENT’S EDUCATION BUDGET TAKES A BEATING: House Republican Moderates Seek Additional Funding
- NEW PARTNERSHIP TO ENCOURAGE MORE RIGOROUS COURSE SELECTION AMONG HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- SCIENTIFICALLY BASED RESEARCH FINDS A HOME: Department Awards “What Works Clearinghouse” Contract