Vol. 2 No. 15
July 29, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SENATE COMMITTEE PASSES $4.2 BILLION INCREASE FOR EDUCATION: House Action Expected After August Recess
- CONGRESS CONTINUES TO ADD BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO LAST YEAR’S BUDGET: Stage Set for Appropriations Fight this Year
- ALLIANCE FOR EXCELLENT EDUCATION APPOINTS TWO NEW SENIOR STAFF MEMBERS
- AMERICAN VOTERS CITE EDUCATION AS KEY ISSUE IN ELECTIONS THIS YEAR: Poll Shows Pro-Education Candidates Will Win Over Deficit Hawks
- ASSESSMENT : LEARNING :: SCALE : WEIGHT College Board Announces Plans to Change SAT Exam
- STATE BUDGET DEFICITS GROW: Majority of States Forced to Cut Education
- TEST SCORES ARE IMPROVING IN URBAN SCHOOLS