Vol. 2 No. 14
July 15, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 14
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- U.S. SECRETARY OF EDUCATION ESTIMATES 8,600 SCHOOLS NEED IMPROVEMENT: 3.5 Million Students Would be Left Behind
- PRESIDENT’S COMMISSION PROPOSES CHANGES TO SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW: Refuses to Support Mandatory Federal Funding
- WHITE HOUSE REVISES BUDGET DEFICIT PROJECTIONS: New Estimate for 2002 Totals $165 Billion
- ALL OVER THE MAP: New Report Canvases High School Education Policy Across the 50 States
- STRIKING A BALANCE BETWEEN SELF-DISCIPLINE AND HELP: Students Need Guidance to Stay on Track
- NO MORE VICTIMS: New Program Helps Teens not to Follow in Their Parents Footsteps