Vol. 2 No. 11
June 03, 2002
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 2, No. 11
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- POLICYMAKERS GATHER TO DISCUSS IMPROVING ADOLESCENT LITERACY
- REP. FATTAH UNVEILS STUDENT BILL OF RIGHTS BEFORE SENATE COMMITTEE
- HOUSE PASSES EMERGENCY SPENDING BILL; SENATE ACTION TO BEGIN AFTER MEMORIAL DAY RECESS
- EDUCATION IS KEY ISSUE IN FLORIDA ELECTION: Governor’s Race Spotlights Public Concern about Schools
- TEEN INK PROVIDES AN OUTLET FOR PREVIOUSLY UNHEARD VOICES
- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ANNOUNCES $10 MILLION FOR PRINCIPAL RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING
- MORE MONEY FOR TITLE I SCHOOLS IN THE FALL: DISTRICT ALLOCATIONS AVAILABLE ONLINE