Vol. 16 No. 8
April 19, 2016
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 16, No. 8
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Caroline Waldman; and Kate Bradley and Kristen Loschert. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SEE YOU IN COURT?: Disagreements in Congress Over Implementation of New Education Law
- FUTURE READY NEW JERSEY: Collection of New Jersey Mayors and School District Superintendents Sign onto Future Ready Schools Effort
- MEANDERING TOWARD GRADUATION: Nearly Half of High School Graduates Are Not Ready for College or a Career, Says New Ed Trust Report
- NEW EDUCATION MAJORITY: African American and Latino Parents Express Concerns About American Education System’s Ability to Educate Their Children
- GOOD BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH: College Degree Attainment Rises But Not On Track to Meet Lumina Foundation’s 2025 Goal of 60 Percent