Vol. 16 No. 16
September 14, 2016
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 16, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Caroline Waldman; and Kate Bradley and Kristen Loschert. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- Alliance for Excellent Education Releases Toolkits for School Leaders on Opportunities Within ESSA to Transform High Schools
- White House Holds Second Annual Summit on Next-Generation High Schools; Alliance Plays Key Role
- After a Summer of Tragedy, Keeping the Classroom Meaningful
- IN MEMORIAM: Alliance for Excellent Education Cofounder Lilo Leeds 1928 – 2016
- Help Wanted: Schools Need More than 900,000 Teachers of Color to Keep Up with Growing Student Diversity
- A “Softer” Side to Deeper Learning: Building Students’ Social-Emotional Skills
- Reflections on PISA: Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Heading
- Gov. Wise Celebrates a West Virginia PROMISE