Vol. 16 No. 1
January 12, 2016
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 16, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Caroline Waldman; and Kate Bradley and Kristen Loschert. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE GRADUATION EFFECT: Increasing National High School Graduation Rate Key to Job Creation and Economic Growth, New Alliance Analysis Finds
- MORE WORK NEEDED: Implementation of New Education Law Must Sharpen Focus on Traditionally Underserved Students and Nation’s Lowest-Performing High Schools, Alliance for Excellent Education President Says to Education Department
- SPENDING AGREEMENT: Federal Education Funding to Receive Slight Boost in Fiscal Year 2016
- “Future Ready Schools” Now Reaching 16 Million Students, Alliance for Excellent Education President Announces
- “PROUD AND SOBERING MOMENT”: National High School Graduation Rate Hits Another All-Time High as Rate of Improvement Slows