Vol. 15 No. 9
May 12, 2015
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 15, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS PASSES BUDGET DEAL: Plan Maintains Tight Spending Restrictions Likely to Provoke Confrontation with President Obama Over Domestic Spending Priorities, Including Education
- GIVING TEACHERS A MEANINGFUL VOICE: New Center for American Progress Report Documents the Role of Teachers in Common Core Implementation
- DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY … OR GEOGRAPHY … OR CIVICS: More than 75 Percent of Students Score Below Proficient on Nation’s Report Card
- EDUCATING THE WHOLE STUDENT: New Study Highlights Three Diverse High Schools Implementing Social Emotional Learning
- TEACHER ATTRITION: New Research Shows Fewer New Teachers Are Leaving the Profession than Previously Thought