Vol. 15 No. 6
March 31, 2015
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 15, No. 6
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Kristen Loschert; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- BUDGET TALKS UNDERWAY IN CONGRESS: Plan Under Consideration Likely to Provoke Confrontation with President Obama Over Domestic Spending Priorities, Including Education
- UPDATE ON STUDENT SUCCESS ACT: Vote on ESEA Rewrite Possible in Mid-April, According to House Education Committee Chairman
- “A VITAL STEP”: High School Graduation Rate Gaps Between White Students and Students of Color Narrow Slightly, According to New Data
- UNEQUAL RECOVERY: Two New Publications Examine Economic Challenges Facing the Black Community Post-Great Recession
- READY TO READ: New Brookings Report Examines Gender Gap in Literacy, Common Core’s Impact on Students’ Reading Skills