Vol. 15 No. 18
October 14, 2015
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 15, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Caroline Waldman; and Kate Bradley and Kristen Loschert. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- PASSING THE TORCH: U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan Announces Resignation, Former New York Education Commissioner John King to Succeed Him
- CLOSING THE “HOMEWORK GAP”: Nearly 200 School District Superintendents Urge FCC to Modernize Lifeline Program
- OPENING DOORS AND CLOSING GAPS: Study Finds That Objective Measures of Student Performance Boost Access to Advanced Math for Traditionally Underserved Students
- CONTENT MATTERS: Unequal Access to Rigorous Content Is Contributing to the Widening Achievement Gap in America’s Schools
- MONEY MATTERS: Higher Levels of School Spending Can Improve Students’ Long-Term Outcomes, According to Education Next Study