Vol. 15 No. 17
September 29, 2015
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 15, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- BOEHNER BOMBSHELL: Resignation of House Speaker Greatly Complicates Work to Pass No Child Left Behind Rewrite, Wise Says
- GETTING BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM THEIR FRIENDS: Social Support Helps Youth Overcome Life’s Barriers to High School Graduation, According to America’s Promise Alliance
- THE STATE OF TEACHER DIVERSITY: Educators of Color Join—and Leave—the Teaching Profession at Higher Rates than White Teachers, Says New Report
- HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW?: New Research Tracks Retention Rates of Novice Educators in Teaching Residency Programs
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Alliance Accepting Applications for Models of Secondary School Success