Vol. 14 No. 21
December 02, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 14, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- IN MEMORIAM: Alliance for Excellent Education Cofounder Gerry Leeds 1922 – 2014
- “CROMNIBUS” FOR CHRISTMAS?: With December 11 Deadline Looming, Congress Considers Options to Wrap Up Funding Decisions for Education and Other Federal Programs
- EIGHTEEN ISN’T ENOUGH: Eighteen States Boast High School Graduation Rates Above 85 Percent, According to New U.S. Department of Education Data
- PAVING THE PATH TO SUCCESS: New DQC Report Stresses Importance of Using Data to Support Students, Tracks State Progress in Meeting Key Data Goals
- TEACHER PREP: U.S. Department of Education Announces New Regulations Aimed at Improving Teacher Training Programs