Vol. 14 No. 19
November 04, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 14, No. 19
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Alliance Accepting Proposals for Excellence and Innovation in Digital Learning; Winners to Be Featured on Digital Learning Day 2015
- PROMISE AND POTENTIAL: Digital Badge Systems Are Promising Learning Tools for Effectively Demonstrating Students’ College- and Career-Ready Skills, New Alliance Report Finds
- DISTRICT IMPLEMENTATION OF CONSORTIA-DEVELOPED ASSESSMENTS: In New Survey, Many School Districts Withhold Judgment on New Assessments Aligned with Common Core State Standards
- DISCONNECTIONS: EdSource Article Highlights Technological Challenges Facing Many California Schools in Delivering Online Assessments
- GREATER EQUITY IN STEM: Common Core State Standards Can Close Gender Gaps in STEM Fields, According to New CAP/AAUW Publication
- ENSURING EQUITY AND ACCESS: Civil Rights Investigation of New Jersey School District Leads to Agreement to Improve African Americans Students’ Access to Advanced Placement and Other Advanced Courses