Vol. 14 No. 17
October 07, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 14, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY SET FOR FRIDAY, MARCH 13: Alliance to Partner with the National Board for 2015 Celebration of Effective Use of Technology to Improve Educational Outcomes
- BAMMY AWARDS: Alliance’s Bob Wise Wins Education Policy/Researcher Award
- LINKED LEARNING: California’s Approach to High School Reform Attracts U.S. Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education, Additional Federal Policymakers
- STICK WITH IT: Kentucky’s Dramatic Gains in College Readiness Validates State’s Commitment to Common Core
- WHAT’S NEXT FOR E-RATE?: FCC Chairman Talks Rural Access and E-Rate Funding Needs During Ed Tech Summit
- LEADING WITH A VISION: More Effective and Innovative Uses of Time Support Increased and Better Learning Opportunities for K–12 Students, New Alliance Report Finds
- STUDY OF DEEPER LEARNING: Students Attending Deeper Learning Schools Have Better Educational Outcomes than Their Peers, New AIR Report Finds