Vol. 14 No. 16
September 23, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 14, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC, and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- USING TECHNOLGY TO SUPPORT AT-RISK STUDENTS’ LEARNING: Technology Can Close Achievement Gaps and Improve Learning Outcomes for At-Risk Students, Finds New Alliance Report
- GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS: United States Moves Up in Global Competitiveness Rankings, but Continues to Fare Relatively Poorly in Several International Education Rankings
- EDUCATION AT A GLANCE: United States Trails Most Countries in Upward Mobility and High School Graduation Rates, According to OECD Annual Report
- CLIMATE CHANGE: Supporting Great Teaching Is Key to A Positive School Climate and Academic Success for At-Risk Students, Finds New Alliance Report
- INTERNATIONAL BENCHMARKING: New AIR Report Finds Large Differences in States’ Performance Standards