Vol. 14 No. 15
September 09, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 14, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- WHAT’S IN A NAME?: Public Support Slips for “Common Core” While Support for Common Standards Remains Strong, According to New Education Poll
- CORE OF THE MATTER: School Supplies, Facebook and the Common Core
- APPROPRIATIONS UPDATE: Outcome of Congressional Elections Will Play a Key Role in This Year’s Federal Funding Decisions
- TO WAIVE OR NOT TO WAIVE: Oklahoma Loses ESEA Waiver as U.S. Department of Education Grants Waiver Extensions to Twenty-Three Other States, Including Indiana
- THE CONDITION OF COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS 2014: Only 26 Percent of Class of 2014 Graduates Deemed College Ready by ACT
- Achieve Creates New Tool to Help School Districts Track Their Use of Assessments