Vol. 14 No. 13
July 07, 2014
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 14, No. 13
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country.
The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Ariana Witt; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- STUDENT DATA AND PRIVACY: Alliance State and District Learning Director Testifies, Tells Congress, “Fear of Data Must Not Prevent Us from Realizing the Promise of Technology”
- MODERNIZING E-RATE: FCC Chairman’s Plan to Modernize E-Rate Would Provide Wi-Fi Access to 44 Million Additional Students Over Next Five Years, New FCC Report Finds
- LEARNING ANALYTICS: Effective Use of Student Data Is Essential to Personalizing Learning and Increasing Student Achievement, Finds New Alliance Report
- TEACHING AND LEARNING INTERNATIONAL SURVEY: U.S. Middle School Teachers Face More Challenging Teaching Environments and Work Longer than Their International Peers, New OECD Survey Finds
- THE FISCAL SURVEY OF STATES: With Limited Additional Funds Available, Nation’s Governors Target K–12, Higher Education for Spending Increases