Vol. 13 No. 9
May 06, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 13, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SEE YOU IN THE FALL?: College Enrollment Rate Drops for High School Graduates; Hispanic Graduates More Likely to Enroll in Higher Education than Their White Peers
- Fast Facts: Unemployment Rate Increases for High School Dropouts Aged Twenty-Five and Older
- POLICY IMPLICATIONS ON PREPARING FOR HIGHER STANDARDS: College- and Career-Ready Standards Can Help Close Perception Gap on Student Preparedness, ACT Curriculum Survey Finds
- AN EMERGING FEDERAL ROLE FOR COMPETENCY EDUCATION: New KnowledgeWorks Policy Brief Identifies Federal Accountability and Assessment Systems as Challenges to Competency-Based Education Systems
- Additional Resources on Competency-Based Education
- UPDATES FROM PARCC: New Materials Get “Under the Hood” of Next Generation Assessments Currently in Development
- Reminder: PARCC Seeking Public Comment