Vol. 13 No. 7
April 08, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 13, No. 7
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET RESOLUTIONS: U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives Adopt Very Different Budget Plans, Likely Leading to Difficult Negotiations During Appropriations Process; Obama to Release Budget on April 10
- MIDDLE CLASS OR MIDDLE OF THE PACK?: New OECD Test Allows Individual U.S. High Schools to Compare Their Students to World’s Highest-Performing Nations
- TRANSFORMING ASSESSMENT: Gordon Commission Offers Recommendations for Fundamentally Reconceptualizing Purposes of Educational Assessments
- DEVELOPING ASSESSMENTS OF DEEPER LEARNING: New Report Examines Costs of Current Students Tests, Calls for Exams More Closely Aligned with College and a Career
- WEBINAR VIDEO AVAILABLE: Developing Assessments of Deeper Learning