Vol. 13 No. 6
March 25, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 13, No. 6
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CONGRESS PASSES FISCAL YEAR 2013 SPENDING BILL: Including Sequester Cuts, Bill Reduces Discretionary Funding for U.S. Department of Education by $2.3 Billion
- KEEPING COLLEGE WITHIN REACH: Alliance for Excellent Education Higher Education Expert Testifies Before House Education and the Workforce Committee on Fixing Federal Student Aid
- MASSIVE ONLINE OPEN COURSE FOR EDUCATORS: Alliance for Excellent Education and Friday Institute for Educational Innovation Offer First-of-Its-Kind Online Course for School District Leaders
- STATES’ PERSPECTIVES ON WAIVERS: New CEP Report Finds That States Appreciate Relief from NCLB, Express Concern About Long-Term Solutions
- Feedback on Accreditation Standards for Educator Preparation Due March 29