Vol. 13 No. 4
February 25, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 13, No. 4
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here add your name to our mailing list.
- STATE OF THE UNION: Obama Announces Competition for High Schools in Address to Congress, Nation
- SEQUESTER TO HIT MARCH 1: White House Details Impact of Across the Board Cuts to Federal Education Programs in New Report
- TURNING BACK THE CLOCK?: ESEA Waivers Could Slow Progress on High School Graduation Rate Accountability, New Alliance Analysis Finds
- HELP ON NCLB: Senators Harkin and Alexander Affirm Need to Go Back to Work on NCLB Rewrite During HELP Committee Hearing on Early Lessons from NCLB Waivers
- A STEP FORWARD OR A STEP BACK?: New Education Trust Report Finds “A Lot of Backsliding” in States’ Approved NCLB Waiver Plans
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: In-State Coalition Building and Outreach Around the Common Core State Standards