Vol. 13 No. 23
December 16, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 13, No. 23
Editor’s Note: The next issue of Straight A’s will be dated January 20, 2014.
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a free biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor; Cyndi Waite; and Kate Bradley. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ANOTHER SLICE OF PISA: Alliance’s “PISA Day” Coverage Draws More than 70,000 Individuals Worldwide; Archived Video Available
- WHERE HAVE ALL THE TOP PERFORMERS GONE?: With Common Core and Aligned Assessments, United States Taking Action to Improve Future PISA Results, Wise Writes
- A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE: Murray and Ryan Announce Bipartisan Agreement to Restart Appropriations Work, Avoid Another Government Shutdown in January
- GOT MOOC?: Registration Underway for Free Massive Open Online Course on Planning for the Digital Learning Transition
- CLOSING THE EXPECTATIONS GAP: Transitioning State Policies and Practices to Prepare All Students for College and a Career