Vol. 13 No. 16
September 09, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 13, No. 16
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NEW WAIVE: U.S. Department of Education Outlines Procedure for NCLB Waiver Renewals, Includes New Requirements Around Graduation Rates, Teacher Quality, School Turnaround
- MAINTAINING A FOCUS ON SUBGROUPS: NCLB Waivers Could Hinder Subgroup Accountability and Commitment to Closing Achievement Gaps, Finds New CHSE Report
- COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS 101: New Alliance Report Lays Out Facts on the Common Core State Standards
- THE CONDITION OF COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS 2013: Approximately One-Quarter of High School Graduates Met College-Readiness Benchmarks in All Four Core Subjects Tested by ACT
- DIGITAL BADGES: New Report From Alliance and Mozilla Examines How Digital Badges Can Expand Education and Workforce Opportunities