Vol. 13 No. 15
July 29, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 13, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ESEA ON THE WAY?: House Passes Legislation to Rewrite NCLB; Bill Faces Big Hurdle in Senate Where Separate Legislation Remains Stalled
- WHAT’S HAPPENING IN WASHINGTON, DC?: Alliance Holds Webinar on Latest Developments in Federal Education Policy
- E-RATE MODERNIZATION: FCC Seeks Input on Plan to Modernize E-Rate and Expand Access to Broadband Internet Connections in Nation’s Schools and Libraries
- YEAR 3 OF IMPEMENTING THE COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS: States Unlikely to Reverse Decision to Adopt Common Core, Say “Vast Majority” of Key Education Officials
- CHANGE AGENTS: New Report Examines Principals’ Roles in Student Success; How States Can Develop Effective School Leaders
- A Summer Postcard from the Alliance for Excellent Education