Vol. 13 No. 1
January 14, 2013
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 13, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ONE FISCAL CLIFF DOWN, THREE MORE TO GO?: Congress Reaches Agreement on Fiscal Cliff; Decisions Still Loom on Sequestration, Debt Ceiling, and Fiscal Year 2013 Spending
- DIGITAL LEARNING DAY: Less than One Month Until Students, Teachers, and Administrators Nationwide Gather to Explore How Digital Learning Is Changing Education; Nearly 18,000 Teachers, Forty-Six States, and DC Already Engaged
- REPAIRING A BROKEN SYSTEM: Federal Student Aid System Must Be Fixed to Meet Demands of Twenty-First-Century Economy, New Alliance Report Finds
- TRENDS IN INTERNATIONAL MATH AND SCIENCE SCORES: U.S. Eighth Graders Ranked in Top Ten on International Math and Science Tests
- U.S. Fourth Graders Ranked Sixth on International Reading Assessment
- STATE OF THE STATES: Nation’s Governors Focus on Education as State of the State Addresses Begin