Vol. 12 No. 9
April 30, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 9
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- YOU TAKE THE HIGH ROAD AND I’LL TAKE THE LOW ROAD: As Appropriations Process Begins, Different Spending Approaches Likely to Delay Process Until After November Elections
- TRANSFORMING CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION: Obama Administration Releases Blueprint to Make Career and Technical Education More Rigorous, Relevant, and Results Driven
- HIDDEN HOMELESS: Bureaucratic Red Tape Leaves 715,238 Eligible Homeless Children Without Support in United States, New Alliance Analysis Finds
- OFF THE CLOCK: New Report Examines How Extended Time Can Impact Student Learning
- Webinar Examines How Schools and Districts Can Leverage Time Beyond School to Accelerate Student Achievement