Vol. 12 No. 5
March 05, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 5
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE COMMITTEE PASSES EDUCATION REFORM LEGISLATION: On Party-Line Votes, Committee Passes Accountability and Teacher Effectiveness Bills as Part of Work Rewriting NCLB
- Twenty-Six New States and DC Request NCLB Waivers from U.S. Department of Education
- ALLIANCE PRESIDENT TO SERVE ON NATIONAL COMMISSION ON EDUCATOR PREPARATION
- MARKED IMPROVEMENT: New York City’s Small High Schools of Choice Boost Graduation Rates by 8.6 Percentage Points, MDRC Analysis Finds
- POSITIVE RETURNS: RAND Report Finds 166 Percent Return on Investment for National Guard Youth ChalleNGe Program
- STATE OF THE STATES: Governors Stress Education-Economy Link, NCLB Waivers, High School Graduation Rates, and Common Core State Standards
- Registration Now Open for 2012 Building a Grad Nation Summit