Vol. 12 No. 23
December 10, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 12, No. 23
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- INSEPARABLE IMPERATIVES: Unlocking Academic Potential of Students of Color Key to Future of American Economy, New Alliance Report Finds
- WEBINAR: Experts Discuss Equity in Education and the Future of the American Economy
- CATCHING UP TO COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS: Performance Gaps Difficult to Close But Not Impossible, New Report Finds
- U.S. Department of Education Releases State-By-State High School Graduation Rates
- A SYSTEM IN NEED OF REPAIR: Federal Student Financial Aid System Must Be Changed to Focus on Completion, Not Access, Says New Alliance Report
- COUNTDOWN TO DLD 2013: Join the Wave of Innovation and Sign Up for Digital Learning Day 2013
- Five States To Reimagine the School Day, Increase Classroom Time by 300 Hours
- Happy Holidays from the Alliance for Excellent Education!