Vol. 12 No. 22
November 26, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 12, No. 22
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here add your name to our mailing list.
- STEPPING UP: Alliance Launches Major Effort to Inform School District Leaders About Decisions Affecting the Future of Education
- CALLING ALL DISTRICT LEADERS: Alliance Webinar Focuses on the Need for Systemic Technology Planning to Address Higher Standards
- “A SMALL PIECE OF THE STORY”: Schools Receiving School Improvement Grants Show “Positive Momentum and Progress,” New Education Department Data Reveals
- ON SECOND THOUGHT: While Less Positive Than 2008, American Public Believes Obama Can Improve Education in Second Term
- FOCUS ON PEOPLE: Creating a Data-Driven Culture a Necessary Step for States, Leaders, New DQC Report Finds
- “When Is Homework Worth the Time?”: New Study Finds Positive Relationship Between Homework and Standardized Test Scores, but Not Course Grades