Vol. 12 No. 19
October 15, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 12, No. 19
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here add your name to our mailing list.
- EDUCATION DEBATE: Obama and Romney Highlight Education Positions During First Presidential Debate
- “EDUCATION DRIVES AMERICA”: Education Secretary Duncan Reports on Cross-Country Bus Tour, Offers Education Reform Goals for the Future
- FIVE WAYS THAT PAY ALONG THE WAY TO THE B.A.: New Report Examines Role of Career and Technical Education in Preparing Individuals for Nation’s Approximately 29 Million “Middle Jobs”
- THE COMPETITION THAT REALLY MATTERS: India and China Will ‘Race to the Top’ Unless U.S. Focuses on Education Policy, New Report Finds
- AMERICA’S REPORT CARD: United States Receives Grade of C– on Child Well-Being