Vol. 12 No. 18
October 01, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 12, No. 18
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- FEDERAL UPDATE: U.S. Department of Education Receives Requests for NCLB Waivers from Seven More States; Receives Intent from Nearly 900 Applicants Under Race to the Top-District Competition
- WEBINAR: How to Incorporate Deeper Learning and Personalization into a Race to the Top-District Application
- THE URGENCY OF NOW: New Schott Foundation Report Calls for “Support-Based Reform Agenda” to Increase High School Graduation Rates Among Black and Latino Males
- Middle School Matters: Improving the Life Course of Black Boys
- READY (OR NOT): Only 43 Percent of the Class of 2012 Met College Readiness Benchmark on SAT
- STATE HIGH SCHOOL EXIT EXAMS: As State Exit Exams Transition Toward College and Career Readiness, New CEP Report Raises Possibility of More Students Being Left Behind
- TALKING TECH IN TEXAS: Alliance President Stresses Importance of Digital Learning in Testimony Before Texas Joint Interim Committee