Vol. 12 No. 17
September 17, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress: Volume 12, No. 17
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- TO BE CONTINUED: Congress Enacts Temporary Funding Mechanism to Keep Government Operating Until March 2013; Bill Provides Across-the-Board Increase in Funding of 0.612 Percent
- SEQUESTRATION WOULD BE “DEEPLY DESTRUCTIVE”: OMB Report Examines Impact of $1.2 Trillion in Spending Cuts Scheduled for January 2
- SEQUESTRATION: Are Major Cuts to Education Around the Corner?
- THE CONDITION OF COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS 2012: Only 25 Percent of 2012 High School Graduates Considered “College Ready” in Four Core Subjects, According to ACT Results
- EDUCATION AT A GLANCE 2012: Annual OECD Report Ranks U.S. Educational Performance Versus International Competitors
- BACK ON TRACK: New Report Highlights Dropout Recovery Programs in the Southwest