Vol. 12 No. 15
July 23, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 15
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS SUBCOMMITTEE SHARPENS BUDGET KNIFE: Subcommittee’s Bill Would Cut Education Programs by $1.1 Billion
- WAITING FOR SEQUESTRATION: OMB Director Urges Congress to Offset Impact of $1.2 Trillion in Automatic Spending Cuts; Senate Committee to Examine Impact on Federal Education Programs
- SUMMER WAIVE(RS): Six Additional States and the District of Columbia Receive NCLB Waivers; To Date, Thirty-Two States and DC Have Received Waivers
- Archived Video Now Available for Alliance’s Recent Federal Policy Webinar
- ACHIEVEMENT GROWTH: New Report Labels U.S. Learning Gains “Middling” Compared to Rest of the World
- “LIVE” FROM LONDON: Alliance President Bob Wise Reports on Educational Olympics
- EDUCATION FOR LIFE AND WORK: National Research Council Report Says “Deeper Learning” Is “Essential” for Success in Twenty-First Century