Vol. 12 No. 14
July 09, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 14
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- HALFWAY POINT: Obama Administration Approves Seven More States for NCLB Waivers Bringing Total to Twenty-Six; Iowa First State to Be Turned Down
- Alliance to Hold July 19 Webinar on Latest Happenings in Federal Education Policy
- GROWING AWARENESS, GROWING SUPPORT: National Poll Findings Show Growing Support for Common Core State Standards and Assessments
- BUILDING AND SUSTAINING TALENT: Improving Conditions for Teaching and Learning Key to Attracting and Retaining High-Quality Teachers in Hard-to-Staff Schools, Says New Education Trust Report
- REPAIRING THE PIPELINE: Fewer Than Half of Low-Income Students and Students of Color in California Go to College, According to Education Trust–West Analysis