Vol. 12 No. 12
June 11, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 12
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- CULTURE SHIFT: Preparing Students for Today’s Demands Requires Shift to Learner-Centered Instruction Powered by Digital Learning, New Alliance Report Finds
- DIPLOMAS COUNT: Gains in High School Graduation Rates for Latino and African American Students Boost National Graduation Rate to 73.4 Percent
- RECENT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES AND THE GREAT RECESSION: Only 27 Percent of Recent High School Graduates Have Full-Time Jobs, Report Finds
- Unemployment Rate Continues to Rise for High School Dropouts, Fall for College Graduates
- ANOTHER WAVE OF WAIVERS: Obama Administration Approves Eight More States for NCLB Waivers