Vol. 12 No. 11
May 29, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 11
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- MOVING FROM TECHNOLOGY OPTIONAL TO TECHNOLOGY ESSENTIAL: Alliance President Testifies Before Michigan Senate Education Committee on Importance of Digital Learning to Preparing All Students for College and a Career
- More from Michigan: Wise and Snyder Promote “Blended Learning” in Joint Appearance
- SECRETARY DUNCAN ANNOUNCES $400 MILLION RACE TO THE TOP COMPETITION FOR SCHOOL DISTRICTS
- CONDITION OF EDUCATION 2012: Report Includes Special Focus on High Schools, Finds that One-Quarter of High Schools Are “Low-Retention”
- COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS AND CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION: New Report Outlines Greater Role for CTE in Common Core Implementation