Vol. 12 No. 1
January 09, 2012
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 12, No. 1
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- THE DIGITAL LEARNING IMPERATIVE: New Alliance Report Shows How Digital Learning Connects Technology and Teaching to Meet Today’s Educational Challenges
- Thirty-five States and DC Committed to Celebrate Digital Learning Day: States Pledge Support for National Awareness Campaign Highlighting Technology’s Role in School Reform and Strengthening Instructional Practices
- Webinar Showcases Promise of Digital Learning, Offers Ideas for National Digital Learning Day
- CONGRESS PASSES BILL FUNDING U.S. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION: Education Funding Cut By $100 Million, But Bill Restores Funding for Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Program
- GOING TO SCALE: Comprehensive Birth-Through-Grade-Twelve State Literacy Plans
- HOUSE EDUCATION COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN KLINE RELEASES DRAFT LEGISLATION ON ACCOUNTABILITY AND TEACHER EFFECTIVENESS