Vol. 11 No. 8
April 18, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 8
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- LAST CUT IS THE DEEPEST: Final FY 2011 Spending Agreement Cuts Spending by Nearly $40 Billion, Includes More Cuts for Education Programs
- EVERY STUDENT COUNTS: Senator Harkin and Representative Scott Introduce Legislation to Establish Common Formula for High School Graduation Rates and Set 90 Percent Graduation Rate Goal
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT STUDY: Study of 2009 High School Graduates Reveals Importance of a Rigorous Curriculum to Future Success
- Alliance to Hold Webinar on the 2009 High School Transcript Study
- STATE TEST SCORE TRENDS: New Report Finds Eighth-Grade Students Making Steady Progress on Math and Reading State Tests
- DOUBLE JEOPARDY: New Report Examines the Impact that Third-Grade Reading Skills and Poverty Have on High School Graduation Rates