Vol. 11 No. 6
March 22, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 6
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- OBAMA SETS TIMELINE FOR NCLB REVAMP: President Calls on Congress to Send Him an Education Reform Bill “Before the Next School Year Begins”
- EDUCATION AND THE ECONOMY: Increasing High School Graduation Rates Significantly Boost Job Creation, Home Ownership, and Car Sales, New Study Finds
- PROJECTIONS OF EDUCATION STATISTICS: Number of Hispanic and Asian Graduates Expected to Significantly Increase Over the Next Decade
- TEACHER AND LEADER EFFECTIVENESS: New Alliance Report Outlines International Lessons from Finland, Ontario, and Singapore
- SAVE THE DATES: Upcoming Alliance Webinars on Homeless Students, MetLife Teacher Survey, and International Education Lessons
- STATE OF THE STATES: Tennessee and Florida Governors Call for Reforming Teacher Policies