Vol. 11 No. 3
February 07, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 3
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- STATE OF ESEA REAUTHORIZATION: President Obama, Secretary Duncan, and Key Lawmakers from Both Parties Appear Confident of ESEA Reauthorization in 2011
- WHAT DO YOU THINK? Will ESEA Reauthorization Happen in 2011? Vote in the Alliance’s Poll
- CUTS VERSUS BIGGER CUTS: With Congress Beginning Work on Last Year’s Spending Bills, Only Certainty Is Reduced Spending, Question Is: How Much?
- FISCAL YEAR 2012 BUDGET FORTHCOMING: President Obama to Submit Budget Proposal on February 14
- STATE OF THE STATES: Governors Offer Various Proposals to Improve Student Achievement