Vol. 11 No. 23
December 12, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 23
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS: Congress Continues Deliberations on Fiscal Year 2012 Funding; Education Programs Potentially Facing 1.5 Percent Funding Cut
- “Storm” Looming Over Washington, DC Could Impact Nation’s Schoolchildren
- FISCAL SURVEY OF STATES: States’ Fiscal Situations Improve, but Revenue and Spending Remain Below Prerecession Levels
- A NEW MISSION FOR THE MIDDLE GRADES: New Report Encourages Focus on Middles Schools for Postsecondary Preparedness
- COMPARABILITY OF STATE AND LOCAL EXPENDUTIRES AMONG SCHOOLS WITHIN DISTRICTS: New U.S. Department of Education Report Finds Many Low-Income Schools Receive Less Than Fair Share of Funding
- RESULTS OF 2011 TRIAL URBAN DISTRICT ASSESSMENTS IN READING AND MATH: Large Urban Districts Narrow Gap With National Average
- Happy Holidays from the Alliance for Excellent Education!