Vol. 11 No. 21
November 14, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 21
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- NATION’S REPORT CARD REVEALS MODEST INCREASES IN MATH AND READING: Report Shows One-Quarter of Eighth Graders Reading Below Most Basic Level
- Alliance to Hold Webinar Examining Results from 2011 Nation’s Report Card
- SENATE COMMITTEE HOLDS HEARING ON LEGISLATION TO REWRITE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND: Senators Harkin and Enzi Outline Pros, Cons of Legislation
- Will Congress Finish Its Work on a Rewrite of NCLB?
- COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS INITIATIVE: Alabama Reaffirms Support for Common Standards as Montana Becomes Forty-Sixth State to Adopt
- “GENERATION JOBLESS”: Wall Street Journal Spotlights Young Individuals Hit Hard By Economic Recession