Vol. 11 No. 20
October 31, 2011
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy And Progress: Volume 11, No. 20
Straight A’s: Public Education Policy and Progress is a biweekly newsletter that focuses on education news and events in Washington, DC and around the country. The format makes information on federal education policy accessible to everyone from elected officials and policymakers to parents and community leaders. Contributors include Jason Amos, editor, and Kate Bradley, copyeditor.
The Alliance for Excellent Education is a national policy and advocacy organization that works to improve national and federal policy so that all students can achieve at high academic levels and graduate from high school ready for success in college, work, and citizenship in the twenty-first century. For more information about the Alliance, visit here. To receive a free subscription to Straight A’s, visit here and add your name to our mailing list.
- SENATE HELP COMMITTEE PASSES LEGISLATION TO REWRITE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
- ESEA ON THE WAY?: Alliance Webinar to Examine Prospects of Senate HELP Committee Bill Reaching—and Passing—the Full Senate
- REMEDIATION EXASPERATION: New York City, Wyoming, and Ohio Focus on College Students’ Needs for Remedial Courses
- HIDDEN COSTS OF COMMUNITY COLLEGES: New Report Estimates Federal, State, and Local Governments Spent Nearly $4 Billion on Community College Students Who Dropped Out After First Year
- THE HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT DILEMMA AND SPECIAL EDUCATION STUDENTS: New Report Examines Benefits for Special Education Students Who Earn a Diploma Compared to Those Who Do Not